What Mushroom to Pair with a Ramp Sauce Pizza?
Wild Mushrooms! Easily found in your local grocery store aisle or your local Farmers Market wild mushrooms are a savory treat made better in this recipe with a creamy Spring Ramp Sauce
Wild Mushrooms and Garlicky Ramp White Sauce are a Delicious Pizza Topper Combination
Wild mushroom mixes usually contain an assortment of Oyster, Chanterelle, Morels, Shiitake, and Lions Mane to name a few.
Ramps are an early Spring Time treat and not to be missed! Click Thru To Recipe Below
Green Ramp and Wild Mushroom White Pizza
- 1 pizza stone
- 1 Package pre-made pizza dough
- 8 ounces Mixed mushrooms Shiitake, Woodear and Oyster for instance
- 1/2 Pound Fontina Cheese
- 1 Recipe for Simple Ramp Sauce available on my blog, follow link below
- Preheat pizza stone at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, if you using a pan you can cut down pre heating time by 15 minutes.While the stone preheats , slice cheese into uniform chunks and cut mushrooms. I prefer to leave the mushrooms mostly intact, as they will cook down considerably in the oven. Hand stretch pizza dough to desired size and thickness and place on pizza stone or pan, whichever you are using. I recommend allowing the pizza dough to warm to room temperature and then splitting the pizza dough in half to achieve the thin crust pizza pictured here.
- Spread ramp sauce over pizza dough, leaving edges clear to produce a crust
- Spread sliced fontina over the entire surface of ramp sauce and top with mixed mushrooms.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until desired crispness is done on pizza. Slice and enjoy!
Dawn PisturinoMarch 5, 2022 at 10:08 am
Dawn PisturinoMarch 5, 2022 at 10:09 am