How to Make an Easy Rhubarb Wine Sangria, a Tart, Refreshing Beverage and Stunning Springtime Sipper. Fresh Rhubarb is the Main Flavor in this Drink, Adding a Punchy Kick of Tartness that Cuts Through the Sweetness of the Rose Wine.
Red stalks of Rhubarb tinged with stripes of green are available fresh in the spring season. Rhubarb wine sangria is a tart, rose hued seasonal sipper that is a perfect beverage when served as an early summer evening cocktail. This Rhubarb Wine Sangria comes together easily and developes flavor overtime when left to macerate for several hours or overnight.
Rose Wine is the Perfect Alcohol to Mix with Rhubarb
Rose wine’s sweet, floral bouquet mixes perfectly with Rhubarb stalks, and a sliced vanilla bean. The tartness of the rhubarb mellows the sugar of the wine and the vanilla creates a depth of flavor making this sangria a delightful, alcoholic libation that is easy to create at home with only a few ingredients from your pantry and gathered at your local farmers market.
Rose Wine Rhubarb Sangria
- 2 stalks Rhubarb
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 bean Vanilla
- 1 bottle Rose Wine
- 1 liter Seltzer
- Slice rhubarb stalks into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- Slice vanilla bean on one side, creating a shallow slit down entire bean.
- Add vanilla bean, sliced rhubarb, and sugar to large glass container.
- Pour entire bottle of rose wine into glass container containing the rest of the ingredients.
- Let sangria mixture sit in fridge over night, swirling container occassionaly to mix ingredients.
- Fill glasses halfway with rhubarb rose sangria , add several ice cubes or 1 large cube and top off with cold seltzer. Garnish with mint sprig if desired.