Pistachio, Orange Blossom Orgeat Simple Syrup
Pistachio simple syrup and orange blossom water create a light, floral concoction reminiscent of a spring picnic in a freshly budded garden. This version is non-alcoholic so everyone can enjoy a light taste of blossoms on their lips.
- 1/2 cup unroasted unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 water
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- Use a food processor to grind pistachio nuts down to a fine consistency.
- Mix the sugar and water together in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add the chopped pistachios and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- The sugar and nuts will boil up the sides of the pan, just give it a good scrap back down into the pot when you see it condensing above the boil line.
- Scrape any nuts and sugar back down into the boiling mixture that collect above the boiling point.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let sit covered for 4 hours.
- Strain the pistachio’s out of the syrup using a fine mesh sieve and discard nut pulp or reserve for another use.
- Add orange blossom water and stir to combine.
- This is delicious mixed into cocktails, topped with seltzer water or drizzled over vanilla ice cream.