Whole30 Salmon Recipe with Fresh Rainbow Chard
This is one of my all time favorite Whole30 one pan recipes. The salmon and swiss chard cook together in one pan, allowing for infused flavors and (a quick clean up!) Healthy and full of salty tings thanks to the briny essences of olives; this dinner comes together in a snap. A squeeze of fresh lemon added over the salmon at the last minute ties this lovely, one pot sauté up into a satisfying meal. Swiss chard is readily available at farm stands, grocery stores (and if you have a planting plot!) your backyard throughout the summer season into the fall. Swiss chard is full of antioxidants, paired with protein heavy salmon this recipe is just perfection.
The flavor of olives goes a long way here….
A favorite way of mine to serve olives to guests is hot with peels of citrus fruit. I love popping over to the stove as my friend sits, cocktail in hand and plumping the salty flesh of the round, firm little orbs in sizzling olive oil. Adding the citrus peels, (lemon is used in the below recipe) but I throw whatever I have on hand into the pot, the olive oil spitting as the acidic peels curl in the heat. The aromatic smell of citrus wafts as I toss the olives into a bowl, placing a smaller cup next to it for the pits.
Swiss Chard is a filling green easily enjoyed after a quick sauté to soften its hardy, glossy, deep green leaves
The Salmon and Rainbow Chard recipe below is inspired by my quick appetizer. The olives, salmon and chard work perfectly together for a quick weeknight stovetop cook up. I hope you enjoy the bright, punchy flavors of this low carb, whole 30 compliant dish.
One Pan Rainbow Chard and Salmon Recipe, Whole30 Compliant
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 ounces Salmon skin on, boneless
- 1 cup Rainbow Chard chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 6 Olives leave whole, I enjoy a variety of green and kalamata
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Firstly, remove the peel from the lemon, making sure not to remove the pith, (the white part) from the fruit. Reserve the lemon for later.
- In a medium sized frying pan, add the tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium to high heat. Add the salmon, skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes. Move to the side of pan.1 tbsp Olive Oil, 4 ounces Salmon
- Add the lemon peel and olives, cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring the pan, or until the peel is nicely toasted and the olives have plumped. Flip the salmon over at this point, and brown the top side.6 Olives
- Add the rainbow chard and continue to constantly stir until wilted, season with desired amount of salt and pepper.1 cup Rainbow Chard
- Lastly, place salmon filet on plate and arrange swiss chard, olives and lemon peel next to the fish fillet. Finish with a squeeze of citrus juice from the reserved, peeled lemon.1 Lemon, Salt, Black Pepper