A quick, healthy, whole30 compliant breakfast with eggs, and tons of veggies including kale
This breakfast cooks up super quick in a skillet and is a great on the go breakfast for those keeping to a whole 30 diet plan.
Veggie Breakfast Pancake Whole30
I like to eat these plain in the morning for a quick, filling, healthy start to my day, or as an alternative vessel for avocado toast topped with everything bagel seasoning on special days. I get the everything bagel seasoning premade from Aldi. The thickness will vary depending on which greens you are using and how thoroughly they have been chopped. Whichever greens you choose and how you chop them, this is a healthy, quick breakfast for on the go mornings that will keep you full until the afternoon.
- 1 medium potato
- 1/4 Small Vidalia Onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons cassava powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup kale or spinach chopped
- Grate the potato and onion, gather up in a clean cloth and squeeze excess liquid out, set potato and onion to the side.
- In a small mixing bowl crack egg and stir. Add cassava and salt to bowl and mix.
- Oil a medium frying pan, (I prefer cast iron for this recipe) with either the avocado or olive oil and heat to medium high.
- Place potato, onion, and chopped greens in mixing bowl with egg mixture and combine until all ingredients are incorporated together.
- Pour mix into preheated pan and pat down to about 1/4- 1/2 thickness.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on either side or until potato crisps and the outside is crunchy. Remove from pan and enjoy this quick, healthy breakfast sitting or like me, on the go!
Here is a link to the Everything Bagel topping I use from Aldi https://www.aldi.us/en/products/pantry-essentials/spices/detail/ps/p/stonemill-everything-bagel-seasoning/